Apple is going to hold their WWDC 2017 event on this 5th June 2017 and runs through Friday, June 9, in San Jose, California. In addition to including workshops & seminar and between developers and Apple engineers, Apple uses WWDC event to unveil their next generation primarily software updates for the iOS, macOS, watchOS and tvOS and sometimes also talks about the hardware updates. This year, the keynote begins at 10 a.m. PT, 1 p.m. (ET). Here is what you can expect from this event.
iOS 11 Beta
As always Apple releases their next generation iOS update beta right after the WWDC event. This year we are also expecting the same. Apple will unveil their iOS 11 on this event and right after the event, Apple will release the iOS 11 developers preview version which will be iOS 11 beta 1. Registered devices to Apple Developer Program can install the iOS 11 beta. If you also want to install the iOS 11 beta on your iPhone, iPad then you can register your iPhone/iPad to our Apple Developer Program accounts for only $15. If you are interested in testing the iOS 11 beta on your device then purchase the UDID registration below for your iPhone/iPad/Mac/Apple Tv & Apple Watch.Purchase UDID Registration to Apple Developer Program
What to expect from iOS 11
There is so things you can expect from iOS 11. According to all the rumors and wishlists, we have got this information about the iOS 11 beta features and update & Release dates:
- You will get Facetime group calling.
- There is a new design of the overall iOS system. Apple changed the designs first in 7 years in iOS 7 and now the will change it again iOS 11. It will be amazing.
- There is will be revamped in the Apple Music app. They are bringing video as well.
- There will be a huge update in Siri. Right now Siri is robotic. But in iOS 11, Siri will be upgraded and have better functions than Amazon Alexa & Google Home.
- We are expecting Dark mode in the iOS 11
- There will be more functions in Apple Pay
- Updates in iMessage & Facetime & Many more.
- For iPad, there will be upgrades in the Split screen.
- There will be new Emoji’s in iOS 11
- No 32-bit devices will be able to install iOS 11. Neither any old apps will work in iOS 11. All apps will be updated within a week to support iOS 11.
Apple will be releasing the final version of iOS 11 with the iPhone 8 in September or in the end of this year. But the iOS 11 beta’s will be out for developers to test it with all features for next 3 months. If you are interested in getting the iOS 11 beta on your iPhone, iPad then register your iPhone to Apple Developer Program here >
Check out our article on Everything you need to know about iOS 11 beta, release date, new features and all here >
WatchOS 4 beta
Currently, Apple is testing out watchOS 3.2.3 betas. Next week Apple will unveil their next generation watchOS 4. It will also get vast improvements. Including activity app and totally going to be focused on the health monitor issues. Apple did a great job in Apple Watch. It has the 98% accuracy in Heart rate monitoring.
Personally, I really didn’t like the watchOS 3. I liked the watcOS 2 more. I am so eagerly waiting for the watchOS 4.o. For Apple Watch, expect a continuing focus on digital health — perhaps accessories like glucose monitors or sleep tracking (Apple acquired beddit recently). Maybe this is the year Apple finally announces a long overdue watch face store for the 2-year-old device.
macOS 12.13 beta
After the WWDC event, Apple will also release the new macOS 10.13. We thought that Apple will say it macOS 11. But according to reports, we found that Apple will be calling it macOS 10.13. We yet don’t know what will be the name of the macOS. Apple continues to make its ecosystem more cohesive, we expect MacOS to continue to incorporate even more iOS features. Last year, for example, Sierra introduced auto-login across different Apple devices, Siri desktop integration and Apple Pay for the web. Checkout the macOS 10.13 wishlist and it’s featured here >
How to install macOS 10.13
Once Apple drops the macOS 10.13 beta / macOS 11 beta then you need to add your Mac to Apple Developer Account. Then you can download and install the macOS beta right away on your Macs.Register Mac UDID to Apple Developer Program
Siri Speaker, iPad Pro 10.5 and more
WWDC is known mostly as a software event, but Apple has thrown some hardware surprises from time to time (the Mac Pro and iPhone 4, for example, were announced at WWDC events). While we are taking these speculations with a grain of salt, we’re still keeping our eyes peeled for:
- A bigger, perhaps 10.5-inch, iPad Pro.
- New MacBook models. Many devices in the MacBook series are one or more generations behind the latest Intel processors. In addition, the iMac desktops line hasn’t been updated since 2015, and while Apple did confirm new iMacs are coming in 2017, it’s unclear when they will be announced.
- A voice-enabled Siri smart speaker that will compete against Amazon Echo and Google Home.
- An entirely new Apple TV with 4K support.